Portraits Art Therapy CAT© a Gestalt Approach
Time & Location
About the Event
- Registrants can obtain their CPD /OPD hours (non-endorsed activities)
AASW CPD hours
ACA OPD hours
PACFA CPD hours
Portraits Art therapy
Portraits are a powerful tool to affirm and connect to the client's own reality. Self-portrait process is a chance to express the authentic voice and true self, to remember to clients who they are and be centered in the here and now.
During this workshop you will:
- Discover the power of portraits to heal.
- Self-portraits, the object and the spectator
- Experiment with a big range of Art techniques creating portraits.
- Investigating the dynamics surrounding self-portraiture are also considered in light of Schaverien's (1995) discussion of the three-way form of relating that develops in art therapy between the client, their image, and the Art therapist.
- Self-portraits may allow the client to get in touch with aspects of themselves on both physical and emotional levels and the completed image may reflect unexplored elements of the self, back to the client.
- Discover the importance of awareness and self-acceptance.
- Reflect about the relationship between the creation of self-portraits in art therapy and Winnicott's (2005) concept of mirroring.
- Presenting the theme of duality in self-portraits exploring the client's two opposing, contrasting, or complementary sides of themselves
- Each client's exploration of self-portraiture is unique and significant in different ways.
Day: 24th April 2021
Time: 9:30 am to 4:00 pm
Pay by Credit Card
Credit card payments have 2.90% of commission applied, see the link.
Gestalt Art Therapy Centre
Payment Methods: Ask us for Bank details, please
See here information related to Refunds & Cancellation policy.
Become a member today just for $40 Year and access discounts!
Full membership 2021: $40
Join our Group on Facebook
Read information about our COVID-19 Guidelines