Sa., 28. Mai|
Inner Child work- A Gestalt Art Therapy approach Online
"A child who does not play is not a child, but the man who does not play has lost forever the child who lived in him." - Pablo Neruda- Poet
Time & Location
28. Mai 2022, 17:00 – 19:00 GMT+10
About the event
Registrants from Austraia can obtain their CPD /OPD hours (non-endorsed activities)
AASW CPD hours
ACA OPD hours
PACFA CPD hours
Who has never been a child?
In popular psychology and analytical psychology, the inner child is an individual's childlike aspect. It includes what a person learned as a child, before puberty. The inner child is often conceived as a semi-independent subpersonality subordinate to the waking conscious mind.
Psychologist Carl Gustav Jung (1875–1961) originated the concept in his divine child archetype. New Thought spiritual leader Emmet Fox (1886–1951) called it the "wonder child". The concept of the inner child was further developed by husband and wife team Vivian and Arthur Janov in primal therapy, expounded in the books The Primal Scream (1970) and The Feeling Child (1973).
During this day you will:
- Work with the meaning of the "nurturing parent" and "protective parent" within "inner family work" to care for a person's physical, emotional, creative and spiritual needs.
- We will review the concept of the "critical parent within" , and provide you tools for managing it.
- investigate about the unresolved childhood experiences and the lingering effects of childhood dysfunction: the sum of mental-emotional memories stored in the sub-conscious from conception through pre-puberty.
- Through Gestalt Art Therapy approach each participant will access, in a safe mode, to their child memories, being the witness of the stories of their origins in childhood, and participants will find some different proposals to the healing process.
- Recovery and support of Your Inner Child using Gestalt art therapy techniques.
- Review of the connection between Attachment Theory and the Inner child work.
- Discover how unfinished business of the inner child will be affecting the adult live of your clients.
- Support your clients in working with their inner child.
- Work with your inner child, to be ready to support your clients' inner child.
May 28th, 5pm to 7pm
Any questions please contact us.
Day: Saturday May 28th, 2022
Time: 5pm to 7pm (Brisbane- Australian time) AEST- Australian Eastern Standard Time. UTC/GMT +10 hours. See here time converter https://24timezones.com/difference
Registrations will close on May 25th , 2022
Paypal payments have applied commissions
System: Zoom (After registration and payment you will receive the link for your participation)
System and Materials you will need for the workshop participation:
- Internet connection
- Having installed the Zoom program (Download here)
- PC, Laptop, Tablet with webcam & audio
- Paper to write
- Magazines (if you want to use collage)
- Felt pens, or other coloured pens that you like
- Mobile phone or camera to take a photo of your creation.
Read Policy cancelation and Participation conditions here
Payment Methods: Ask us for Bank details, please
See here information related to Refunds & Cancellation policy.
In the situation that there is not a minimum number of participants and the organizers decide to cancel the event, they will offer to transfer the payment to another future event or the refund of the payment made by each participant will be offered. In refunds via paypal, commissions will be applied by Paypal of 3% of the payment received, in each refund.
Become a member today just for $40 Year and access to discounts!
Full membership 2022: $40
Join our Group on Facebook
Read information about our COVID-19 Guidelines