Inner Child work- A Gestalt Art Therapy approach
Zeit & Ort
Über die Veranstaltung
- Registrants can obtain their CPD /OPD hours (non-endorsed activities)
AASW CPD hours
ACA OPD hours
PACFA CPD hours
Who has never been a child?
In popular psychology and analytical psychology, the inner child is an individual's childlike aspect. It includes what a person learned as a child, before puberty. The inner child is often conceived as a semi-independent subpersonality subordinate to the waking conscious mind.
Psychologist Carl Gustav Jung (1875–1961) originated the concept in his divine child archetype. New Thought spiritual leader Emmet Fox (1886–1951) called it the "wonder child". The concept of the inner child was further developed by husband and wife team Vivian and Arthur Janov in primal therapy, expounded in the books The Primal Scream (1970) and The Feeling Child (1973).
During this day you will:
- Working with the meaning of the "nurturing parent" and "protective parent" within "inner family work" to care for a person's physical, emotional, creative and spiritual needs.
- We will review the concept of the "critical parent within" , and provide you tools for managing it.
- investigate about the unresolved childhood experiences and the lingering effects of childhood dysfunction: the sum of mental-emotional memories stored in the sub-conscious from conception through pre-puberty.
- Through Gestalt Art Therapy approach each participant will access, in a safe mode, to their child memories, being the witness of the stories of their origins in childhood, and participants will find some different proposals to the healing process.
- Recovery of Your Inner Child using Gestalt art therapy techniques.
- Review of the connection between attachment theory and the inner child work.
- Support your clients in working with their inner child.
Day: 12th June 2021
Time: 9:30 am to 4:00 pm
Pay by Credit Card
Credit card payments have 2.90% of commission is applied, see the link.
Gestalt Art Therapy Centre
Payment Methods: Ask us for Bank details, please
See here information related to Refunds & Cancellation policy.
Become a member today just for $40 Year and access to discounts!
Full membership 2021: $40
Join our Group on Facebook
Read information about our COVID-19 Guidelines