So., 16. Jan.|
DREAM WORK- a Gestalt Art Therapy approach - Online Workshop
Whether it is in traditional or modern context, dreams have a special place in both psychology and psychotherapy studies. For example, ‘The Traditional Interpretive Dream Approach’ model, which we had come across its first remains in Mesopotamia and is also the inspiration for psychoanalysis, is bas
Time & Location
16. Jan. 2022, 09:00 – 11:00 GMT+10
About the event
a Gestalt Art Therapy approach
Dreams can be a source of personal insight.
As there is experimental support for the hypothesis that sleep facilitates cognitive insight and creative thinking (Maquet and Ruby, 2004; Stickgold and Walker, 2004; Wagner et al., 2004; Darsaud et al., 2011), it is plausible that sleep could allow personal/affective insight, and that this might be reflected in dream content, given the interaction between characters, and emotional content, in most dreams (Nielsen and Lara-Carrasco, 2007).
Whether it is in traditional or modern context, dreams have a special place in both psychology and psychotherapy studies. For example, ‘The Traditional Interpretive Dream Approach’ model, which we had come across its first remains in Mesopotamia and is also the inspiration for psychoanalysis, is based on the interpretation of the symbols in the dream with the principle of reaching the hidden meaning. However, what is done with this interpretation is to move away from the phenomenal subjective reality of the client.
Dreams are also a way of experiencing just like the waking experiences and a phenomenal self has its place in the center of these experiences as it has in the waking ones.
Dreams have hidden meanings beyond words, and these meanings are covered by symbols. The symbols in the dream must be interpreted to achieve the implicit meaning of the dream. (Hayrettin Kara)
" The dreams are the symbolic narration of an unconscious reality"
Dreams are studied through Psychology and neuroscience, memory processes during REM sleep. The existing neuroscientific evidence suggests that we are almost certainly capable of learning during dreams and that learning may therefore be one of dreams’ primary adaptive functions. (Isaac Roberts)
· During this online workshop participants will understand how to work with their dreams, in a Gestalt Art Therapy approach.
· Using creativity, expressive creations and imagination, participants will connect with their dream projections.
· Dream work in a Gestalt focus, will help participants to understand not the “why” but the “for what” and “how” during the translation of their dream
“Here and now” will give a precious awareness during this amazing process of working with dreams.
· This workshop is “hands on” - this means that the importance is the practice, the moment, the experience. We will present theories but the objective is practical.
No previous experience in dream work, or Gestalt Therapy, or Psychology, Therapy or Art is necessary.
This workshop will not be recorded because it will be experiential and alive.
If you do not remember any of your dreams, do not worry, you are also welcomed to participate, we will give you some ideas how to work with this.
Objectives of the workshop:
· Discover the hidden messages of your dreams.
· Learn the steps to work with Dreams.
· Working with Dreams in a Gestalt Art therapy approach
· Integrate the awareness during the dreamwork in your everyday life.
· Create your own dream in a conscientious manner
· Gain tools to be used with your clients in therapy sessions
· Becoming a “Dream catcher”
Participants will receive a certificate of 2 hours completed from Gestalt Art therapy Centre Australia of “Dream work- Gestalt art therapy approach”
This online workshop is designed for people interested in knowing about how to work with dreams in their practice and for all individuals with an interest in discovering and learning how to work with their own dreams.
Workshop available dates:
January 14th, 2022
Friday 5:00 to 7:00 pm
January 16th, 2022
Sunday 9:00 to 11:00 am
*Please note that the price of the workshop is for the participation in a single day.
Any questions please contact us.
Day: Sunday January 16th, 2022
Registrations will close on January 10th , 2022 at 3 pm AEST.
Gestalt Art Therapy V.I.P Club members
System: Zoom (After registration and payment you will receive the link for your participation)
System and Materials you will need for the workshop participation:
- Internet connexion
- Having installed the Zoom program (Download here)
- PC, Laptop, Tablet with webcam & audio
- Paper to write
- Magazines (if you want to use collage)
- Felt pens, or other coloured pens that you like
- Mobile phone or camera to take a photo of your creation.
Read Policy cancelation and Participation conditions at the "Event Policy"